WORKING AT DBS
The DBS issues almost 6 million DBS checks every year, providing information to employers and organisations, so they can prevent unsuitable people from working with children or vulnerable adults.
We also make complex decisions about whether to bar somebody from getting jobs in certain sectors. There are currently over 6 million people who are not allowed to work with children or vulnerable adults.
Our disclosure office is based in Liverpool and our barring office is in Darlington.
Salary and benefits
In addition to a base salary, we offer a range of benefits including:
- generous annual leave allowance
- excellent maternity, paternity, adoption and sickness benefit schemes (after a qualifying period)
- commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff
- employee assistance programme
- flexible working opportunities
- childcare voucher scheme
- eyecare voucher scheme
- cycle to work scheme
We also offer a range of support and social groups to our employees.
Our recruitment commitment
Our recruitment processes are underpinned by the principle of selection for appointment on merit on the basis of fair and open competition. These are outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.